This privacy notice (Privacy Notice) sets out the ways in which Higgidy Ltd collect and use your personal data (your personal information) in connection with the Higgidy ‘Food for Thought Club’. It also explains what rights we have to access or process your personal data.
2. Information we collect about you
Information that you provide to us:
We will collect any information that you provide to us when you:
- complete one of our profiling surveys to join the ‘Food for Though Club’ Research Panel
- participate in our surveys or discussions using SurveyMonkey, sent via email.
The information you provide to us will include:
- your name
- email address
- working status
- details of your eating, buying habits and preferences
- If you also have children, we will also ask for information in relation (e.g. their ages, as well as their eating habits and preferences). However, we will not ask for information which directly identifies your children (e.g. their names)
All of the above information is provided by you, and processed by us, subject to your consent and you are under no obligation to provide any of this information to us. However, as ‘Food for Thought Club’ is a customer research panel, without this information we may not be able to let you participate as part of the panel.
- collect any information that you provide to us when you: engage in any correspondence between us. For example, if you contact us using email in relation to our Food For Thought Club (information obtained in this manner can only be used for the purposes of the query or legitimate business interests).
- We will receive information about you from third parties. For example, we run our surveys on SurveyMonkey and use MailChimp to send them to you.
3. How we use information about you
We will only ever use your personal data on the following grounds:
- With your consent (where we request it)
- For our legitimate interests
- To comply with legal obligations
We will use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with access to our surveys in a manner convenient and optimal, and with personalised content relevant to you,
- To carry out research about general engagement with our products, website, services and the food and pastry industry generally (on the basis of your consent)
- To process your entry to any related competitions.
- To select and send you surveys we think may interest you or assist us based on your demographic information and preferences (on the basis of your consent)
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity, (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business or where we have a legal obligation to do so)
- To enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and share your information with our technical and legal advisors (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business or where we have a legal obligation to do so).
- Any usage of your personal data which is not covered by your consent, will be limited to processing which is necessary to fulfil our legal obligations or protect our company’s legitimate interests. In these circumstances, processing decisions will be undertaken in compliance with the GDPR and will be carefully weighed against your personal interests, rights and freedoms.
4. Who we share your information with
In the course of processing your personal information, we share your information with select third parties whom we work with to deliver information. These third parties are:
- Research providers (SurveyMonkey & MailChimp)
- Competition providers for the sending of prizes
- Courier and transport providers (e.g. UPS, DPD)
- Technical assistance providers (Internally at Higgidy)
- Your thoughts may be shared with our customers (e.g supermarkets) anonymously to influence our decision-making processes.
5. How we look after your information and how long we keep it for
- We look for opportunities to minimise the amount of personal information we hold about you.
- We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorized access or unlawful use, such as:
- managing the physical security of our offices
- Safeguarding the digital security of our equipment and devices by using appropriate password protection and encryption
- maintaining a data protection policy for, and delivering data protection training to, our employees
- limiting access to your personal information to those in our company who need to use it in the course of their work.
- We will retain your information for as long as it is needed (i.e. it is necessary to administer your participation in the ‘Food for Thought Club’). We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold about you and the length of time that we need to keep it.
- Survey responses are encrypted on transit between SurveyMonkey and our internal network and while at rest.
- Once data analysis has taken place, any data collected will be deleted. Deleted data will remain archived within related backup systems for the duration of the backup’s retention period.
- Whenever we share your answers internally with our other teams within Higgidy, your personal details (name, email, age) will be removed.
- Should you have any privacy related concerns you can contact email@example.com
6. Your rights to the information we hold about you
In accordance with data protection laws, you have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
- The right to withdraw your consent for our use of your information in reliance of your consent.
- The right to receive a copy of any information held about you, with certain exemptions, in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format – or transfer same to another service provider.
- The right to ask us to rectify, limit, cease processing or erase information we hold about you in certain circumstances.
- The right to lodge a complaint about us to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/) or the relevant authority in your country of work or residence.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through:
- or by telephone on: 01273446830
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to our use of your information, we will not be able to allow you to continue your participation in the ‘Food for Thought Club’ panel. Please also note that we may retain on an anonymised basis certain information that you have provided for marketing research purposes.
7. Changes to this privacy notice
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post any changes to our site, or notify you of any material changes by e-mail.
This Privacy Notice was updated on 17.09.20.