Salmon & Wasabi Stacks
Wasabi is a pale-green Japanese horseradish and gives a real punch to smoked salmon. Try these pretty little stacks if you want to impress guests with something delicious and unusual.
- 4cm fluted pastry cutter
For the stacks:
- A little plain flour, for dusting
- 125g all-butter puff pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp wasabi paste (if you like it hot you can use more)
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 125g smoked salmon
- 50g radishes (5–6 medium ones)
- ¼ of a cucumber (about a 5cm chunk)
A pie for your thoughts
Tell us what you think of this recipe and we'll put your name in the hat to win Higgidy goodies.