Mini Chorizo and Chilli Tartlets
We love these tiny cheesy mouthfuls of smoky chorizo, spicy red chilli and bright green chives. They’re great served with the Beetroot and Feta Baskets (which can be found in The Higgidy Cookbook).
- 30–36 mini tartlet tins; 5cm fluted pastry cutter
For the tartlets :
- 125g plain flour, sifted, plus a little for dusting
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50g butter, chilled and diced
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp ice-cold water
- 75g chorizo cooking sausage, cut into 1cm pieces
- 60ml double cream
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp very finely snipped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A pie for your thoughts
Tell us what you think of this recipe and we'll put your name in the hat to win Higgidy goodies.