We’re veg obsessed here at Higgidy: the colours, the flavours, the textures… and of course they’re packed with goodness. But it doesn’t stop there. Growing your own veggies can do wonders for wellbeing, add a touch of positivity to the planet and bring people together, too.
That’s why this year we’re pledging to add some life to unloved spaces somewhere in the UK by creating veg gardens and awarding them to the local community. Sowing some seeds of joy, if you like.
If you know any aspiring gardeners or charity groups who might benefit from having their very own vegetable plot – be it at a school, a hospital, a village hall or somewhere else – we want to hear from you.
So rally the neighbours, call out to the community and get nominating your neighbourhood for the chance to win a Higgidy Veg Garden for your town or city.
We've got 3 x £5,000 prizes to give away to three lucky projects located across the UK.
This prize donation is to go towards the development of a veg garden for your local area - whether you're almost there and need some extra cash to get your garden finished, or if you've just secured planning permission but aren't sure how to take the next step, hopefully this prize will help bring your horticultural creations to life and add a touch of life to the local area.
How To Enter
Firstly, we have a few criteria for those looking to enter our competition;
- You must have existing planning permission or council approval for your project and its location.
- You should have a thorough plan and purpose for your project - although we'd love to hear from aspiring gardeners and those who have been inspired by our Seeds of Joy campaign, in this instance, we're looking for communities who have already got the ball rolling on a project and are ready to take the next step.
- You will need to have access to local gardeners or construction workers to help you develop your veg garden and utilise the prize money.
- We recommend having a team of volunteers ready to help manage the project - creating a veg garden on your own would be seriously hard work! Plus, it's all about community spirit so make sure you rally the troops.
Please view our Terms & Conditions for more information.
Provided your project has passed the seal of approval from our list of entry criteria, you're now ready to submit your nomination.
To do so, please email us via email@example.com with an overview of your project, answering the following questions (you're welcome to include attachments and images if you would like);
- What is your vision for your community veg garden? How do you see it coming to life?
- Why do you want to create a veg garden for your community? What will it add to the local area and who will benefit from it?
- Who would be involved in the development of the project? e.g. local schools, community groups, youth clubs, charities.
- If you won a £5,000 prize, how would this donation be used?
- Please include a contact name, telephone number and email address.
Please note that by entering, we will contact you with confirmation of your entry, along with competition updates.
After submitting your nomination, you will receive a confirmation email from us.
The deadline for all nominations is Monday 30th November so please make sure you contact us by then.
After the 30th November, we will review all nominations and may get in contact with you to ask a few additional questions if we feel we need to find out more. We will do so via the contact information provided in your nomination email.
A shortlist of finalists will be announced on Monday 4th January and voting will open. The general public will then vote for their favourite entries and the three lucky winners will be contacted and announced on Monday 25th January 2021.