MAPLE-GLAZED PARSNIP, CAVOLO NERO & POMEGRANATE SALAD
This very different variation on the same ingredients is, for me, the ultimate winter salad. It works well served with a generous wedge of your favourite vegan pie.
- 65ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1kg parsnips, peeled, halved lengthways and cut into irregular-shaped 2cm pieces
- 600g jar cannellini beans, drained
- 200g cavolo nero, well washed and dried zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 125g pack pomegranate seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
A pie for your thoughts
Tell us what you think of this recipe and we'll put your name in the hat to win Higgidy goodies.
“”10th June 2020