Chocolate Beet BROWNIE Cups
Deep, earthy, slightly sweet beetroot pairs surprisingly well with rich, slightly bitter dark chocolate. The crucial thing here is to fold the beaten egg whites carefully into the melted chocolate mixture, rather than simply stirring them together, which would knock the air out and undo all of your good work.
- 1 × 12-hole muffin tin
- 200g cooked, peeled beetroot
- 200g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids), broken into squares
- 100g unsalted butter, diced, plus a little extra for greasing
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted, plus extra to decorate
- 3 eggs, separated
- 100g caster sugar
- Grated zest of 1 unwaxed orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
A pie for your thoughts
Tell us what you think of this recipe and we'll put your name in the hat to win Higgidy goodies.