Cherry Tomato Tarte TATIN
Some wow-factor dishes require a trolley full of ingredients and an entire shop of kitchen kit. Not this one. Six ingredients and a frying pan. And that’s it. Best of all, it looks – and tastes – phenomenal.
- 1 x 23cm ovenproof non-stick frying pan or shallow fixed-base cake tin
- A little plain flour, for dusting
- 375g all-butter puff pastry
- 600g cherry tomatoes (different colours, if available)
- 2–3 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A small handful of fresh thyme (or oregano) leaves, plus some small sprigs to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A pie for your thoughts
Tell us what you think of this recipe and we'll put your name in the hat to win Higgidy goodies.