Higgidy is a fast-growing brand name, from a kitchen start up to a multimillion turnover food manufacturer and one of the fastest growing food brands in the UK. Based in Shoreham by Sea, we now employ circa 300 employees, but we still have ambitious growth plans.
To support this continued growth, we are looking for a People Partner to join our well-established People Team. Higgidy put our team at the core of what we do as a business, so you’ll need to be passionate about people, pro-active in your behaviour and flexible in your approach. You’re going to be busy, so you’ll need to be organised and be able to plan your time efficiently in a fast-paced environment – as we are a 24-hour site this will include some early starts or evening work!
Reporting to the People Director and working within a creative, progressive and well-respected People Team, this role is wide ranging and the People Partner will need to:
- Provide expert advice and coaching for managers in a variety of situations
- Assisting in the delivery of the quarterly Team Engagement Survey as well as the analysis of results and subsequent workstream planning
- Supporting in the coordination and delivery of L&D events
- Supporting our Night managers with all things People
- Delivering a wide range of projects, from improving our onboarding to improving our intranet
- An array of other tasks, big and small, that come up in the day to day life of a People person!
Essential skills and experience: -
- At least five years’ experience within a HR / People role, including experience of ER, L&D and payroll
- A genuine passion for People & HR
- A natural problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate and build relationships across the business
- A warm and friendly approach to people issues
- Strong coaching skills
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work on your own initiative
- A flexible approach to workload
- Ideally you will have come from a manufacturing, retail or hospitality background, but we are happy to be flexible on this!