Commercial Manager (FMCG Food Brand)
Higgidy are purveyors of some of the finest pies, quiches and sausage rolls around (even if we do say so ourselves!). From our humble roots as a small family business founded by husband, wife and their best friend (who are all still in the business today) we’ve grown steadily over the last twelve years and now boast a team of 300 permanent staff at our offices here in West Sussex.
We are now looking for someone to join our Commercial / Sales team as a Commercial Manager. This role will be responsible for helping us shape and deliver our impressive growth plans and look after some of our most valuable customers.
The day to day role of the Commercial Manager will include:
- Account management – manage and develop our relationship with one or more of our key customers. You’ll have full P&L responsibility for one or more of the “Big 6” grocery retailers, as well as seeking and cultivating new business opportunities.
- Forecasting – generate and own the commercial forecast for your customers. You’ll work with the commercial, product and operations teams to ensure demand aligns with supply.
- Customer insight – hone a deep knowledge of your customers’ and their markets. You’ll use this to guide your customer plans, and also present back to Higgidy to guide our strategy.
- Commercial strategy – help develop and implement our commercial plans, ensuring your customers have the right range, promotions and marketing to maximise profitable growth
- Analysis – dig into the data to guide and support decision making. You’ll work with Excel and various data sources to measure performance and generate insight.
The right person will be:
a passionate, proactive, confident sales person with proven influencing skills
smart, with strong analytical skills and the capability to present recommendations concisely
great at generating and building commercial relationships at all levels of business
experienced working in FMCG sales, probably with the major grocers on premium brands
passionate about working in a small, fast growth business environment
friendly, personable and with a flair for both internal and external communication
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and bonus package, an online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme, free on shift refreshments and access to Wi-Fi, as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years service.