We are now looking for a Facilities Hygiene Operative to join our growing team.
The position is Monday to Friday, 5.00pm to 1.30am, however you will be expected to provide holiday and sickness cover when needed.
You will ensure that your colleagues are able to work in a clean and pleasant environment, by maintaining the cleanliness of our offices, kitchens / canteen and toilets, and ensuring Higgidy always give a great first impression by keeping external yard areas tidy.
- Cleaning staff facilities using colour coded equipment;
- Canteen & Kitchens: by mopping floors, wiping down surfaces, hoovering carpets, cleaning insides of cupboards, cleaning dishwasher filters, operating the dishwasher and ensuring clean cutlery / crockery is always available for staff, restocking of coffee / tea as required, cleaning within staff fridges, disposing of any out of date food.
- Offices: by wiping desks, hoovering carpets, cleaning windows, dusting skirting boards, removing cobwebs and overall ensuring all areas are free from dust and grime
- Toilets: by mopping floors, cleaning of toilets, wiping of cubicle partitions, cleaning handwash sinks, polishing mirrors etc and overall ensuring all toilet areas are always in a hygienic condition, free from any dust & grime
- Keeping external yard areas tidy, by litter picking and cleaning with a pressure washer
- Ensuring changing room & toilets dispensers are always full (soap, sanitiser, paper towel, hairnets, toilet roll etc)
- Cleaning of staff PPE, using washing machines provided
- Keeping High Risk and Low risk changing rooms clean and tidy
- Management of Factory clothing – ensuring clean overcoats are always available for factory staff
- Completion of cleaning records for duties undertaken each day
- The above list is not exhaustive, and other duties may be required by management from time to time.
Here at Higgidy we think of ourselves as a big family and family is how we aim to treat everyone – therefore we strive to create a workplace in which people from all backgrounds are encouraged to contribute and succeed. Our aim is that no job applicant, temporary worker or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation. For more information please visit www.higgidy.co.uk/policies