40 hours per week
Sunday – Thursday
In 15 years the Higgidy brand has grown from a kitchen start up to a c£30M food manufacturer and one of the fastest growing food brands in the chilled supermarket aisles. We employ just over 300 people and make upwards of 350,000 pies, quiches and sausage rolls each week which are sold all over the British Isles. Despite what has been achieved already we are more excited about the future, and our vision is to establish an enduring, iconic British food brand.
You can be part of this vision if you join us as Stock Controller. This role is based within our Supply Chain team in our busy factory, and you will be asked to:
- Own the weekly stock counts and ensure all transactions are accurately reported within the defined time frame
- Ensure count variances are investigated and appropriate action is taken to resolve these
- Coach and develop the count team to ensure an accurate weekly count
- Review and develop our internal stock control processes
- Work closely with the Materials Controller to manage inbound deliveries and maximise the warehouse space
- Support the Logistics team with controlling daily cycle counts/inventory accuracy checks
- Review and establish cycle count across all warehouses
- Report daily on stock accuracy and actions to improve this
- Highlight overstocks and any raw material waste to support maximising availability of working capital
- Ensure deliveries are booked into the system in a timely manner
- Support the Logistics team with ensuring raw materials are moved daily to the kitchen ready for Production
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
In order to be considered for this role you definitely need to have:
- A detailed understanding of MRP and stock control / management systems and ERP.
- A relevant professional qualification – or have background experience in inventory management / stock control
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess relevant IT skills in advance MS Office applications - outlook, excel & word in particular and a working knowledge or business ERP systems – strong in Excel
And it would be great if you also had:
- Experience in Sage
In return, we can offer you a competitive online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme, as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years’ service.