Warehouse Team Leader
- 40.25 hours per week
- Shift pattern: 4 on 4 off, 12 hours for day shift
- Working hours: 7am-7pm
Higgidy is a fast-growing brand name, from a kitchen start up to a multimillion turnover food manufacturer and one of the fastest growing food brands in the UK. Based in Shoreham by Sea, we now employ circa 310 employees but we still have ambitious growth plans for the future.
To support this continued growth, we are looking for additional members to join our hardworking team as Warehouse Team Leaders.
Based within our Supply Chain team, and reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, your role will be to lead a team of operatives and ensure the efficient and effective daily operations of the Logistics function on your shift. This covers inbound delivery, unloading, storage and handling of all raw materials, packaging and hardware plus storage, handling and transport of finished products to all Higgidy customers.
You will be involved in a range of essential duties that will increase in both variety and complexity as you develop into the role, but initially your role will consist of:-
- Motivating your team to get a high level of productivity Conducting stock checks within sage and cycle counting
- Ensuring good communication with other departments within Higgidy
- Demonstrating an understanding of stock rotation
- Upholding temperature checks
- Conduct a good and comprehensive hand over
- Competent and comprehensive communication with delivery drivers and organisation of loading and unloading Lorries.
- Have the ability to book stock into sage / adjust stock on sage / correct and amend any booking in and transfer errors
To be considered for this role you must have a driving license
Skills and experience you must have in order to apply:-
- Good numeracy and literacy
- MS Office competency
- You will possess a strong sense of process
- Logistics experience
Skills and experience it would be nice to have, but are not essential for the right person:-
- Previous Team Leader experience.
- Previous Sage experience
Higgidy is committed to a clear progression path, which will see you gain more responsibility as you knowledge and skills grow, and in return we will review your salary regularly.
In return, we can offer you a competitive benefits programme, generous annual leave allowance and an opportunity to grow and develop within one of Britain’s fastest growing food brands.