In 15 years the Higgidy brand has grown from a kitchen start up to a c£30M food manufacturer and one of the fastest growing food brands in the chilled supermarket aisles. We employ just over 300 people and make upwards of 350,000 pies, quiches and sausage rolls each week which are sold all over the British Isles. Despite what has been achieved already we are more excited about the future and our vision is to establish an enduring, iconic British food brand.
We are now looking for someone to join our busy team as Operations Director. This is an influential leadership role with a direct impact on profitability, capacity and culture and you will lead the Operations side of our business through its next phase of our journey.
You will be tasked with leading and supporting the continued development of a brilliant Operations team, as well as supporting the MD by playing an energised and engaged role in the leadership team.
Your day to day role of the Operations Director will be to:
- Drive efficiency within the boundaries of the flexibility required of fresh food FMCG business.
- Drive excellence in quality and food safety – maintaining our BRC A graded and working closely with our Technical team to develop the site into one that is continually audit ready.
- Enable great NPD through close working relationship with our Food team.
- Support the Operations team on focusing on the correct KPI’s, helping them capture and analyse these.
- Achieve great supply statistics and build strong relationships with customer supply teams.
- Demand and deliver a tidy, smart and well organised site across the various buildings.
- Maintain and develop the plant efficiently through strong preventative maintenance - working closely with the engineering manager and his team.
- Work closely with the Finance team on margins, budgeting and generally bringing insight and understanding to the relevant parts P&L.
- Work closely with the Commercial team on managing, planning and communicating demand.
The right person will have:
An inspirational Leadership style – There are over 300 people working at Higgidy and the majority sit underneath the Operations Director. We are looking for an inspiring leader to help bring out the best amongst the Operations team and indeed the whole Production and Supply Chain workforce.
Management experience – The successful candidate will have a proven track record of strong people management and developing people to their full potential, as well as someone who can evidence having put in place systems for supply and production planning and management.
Continuous Improvement mindset – We are looking for someone who will strive to help Higgidy be best in class – whether that be in technical, efficiency, engineering, planning or procurement and how has evidence of success in driving efficiency and continuous improvement in a sophisticated food production environment
Food production knowledge – You will be well trained in all aspects of food production – with experience of supply chain management within companies that supply the major grocers
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and bonus package, an online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years service.