Higgidy are purveyors of some of the finest pies, quiches and sausage rolls around (even if we do say so ourselves!). From our humble roots as a small family business founded by husband, wife and their best friend (who are all still in the business today) we’ve grown steadily over the last twelve years and now boast a team of 300 permanent staff.
We are now looking for someone to join our busy Technical team here at Higgidy as a Washroom Hygiene Operative. We have vacancies across shift patterns, either working 19:00-07:00 or 07:00 – 19:00. You will be working a “4 on, 4 off” pattern, so you will work for four consecutive days and then get four days off in a row!
This role sits within our Technical team, in a factory environment. You will be working in our washroom areas, making sure that our food processing equipment is always kept hygienically clean, ensuring our products are safe at all times.
The Washroom Hygiene Operative will:
- Be responsible for the cleaning of mobile equipment and dismantled parts, using a 4 stage manual cleaning process
- Operation of industrial tin washer & dishwasher, reporting any defects with machinery or chemical dosing to your supervisor
- Operating excellent clean-as-you-go practices, ensuring your work area is a clean, and safe place to work at all times
- Working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, ensuring that equipment is cleaned and returned to operation as soon as possible
To be considered for this role you must have: -
- Ability to work alone under own initiative
- An eye for detail
- Able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills, and good level of verbal and written English
It would be great if you also had the following – but it isn’t a deal breaker!
- Previous experience working in a FMCG environment
- Previous Hygiene experience in a FMCG environment
- Level 2 food safety qualification, however training can be provided if not held
In return, we can offer you a competitive online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme, free on shift refreshments and access to Wi-Fi, as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years service.