Hygiene Supervisor Food Production, FMCG
Higgidy are purveyors of some of the finest pies, quiches and sausage rolls around (even if we do say so ourselves!). From our humble roots as a small family business founded by husband, wife and their best friend (who are all still in the business today) we’ve grown steadily over the last twelve years and now boast a team of 300 permanent staff.
We are now looking for people to join our growing Technical team here at Higgidy as Hygiene Supervisors. We have a vacancy on our day team, working 07:00 – 19:00. You will be working a “4 on, 4 off” pattern, so you will work for four consecutive days and then get four days off in a row!
This role sits within our Technical team, and you will work across both a factory and office environment. You will be making sure that our washroom area, staff facilities and office areas are cleaned to the highest standard through a team of Washroom Hygiene Operatives and Facilities Hygiene Operatives.
The Hygiene Supervisor will:
- Supervise the washroom hygiene team, ensuring that operatives are correctly following set procedures, and maintaining excellent hygiene standards
- Supervise the Facilities Hygiene Team, ensuring that operatives are correctly following set procedures and adhering to the cleaning schedule
- Monitor and improve standards of cleanliness and hygiene in Wash up area & staff facilities areas
- Lead by example, by assisting your team in their duties where needed, dealing with any performance issues with the team swiftly and efficiently
- Raising and encouraging your team to raise near misses
- Carry out regular spot checks / audits and reporting back to the Hygiene Manager
- Carry out stock level checks on janitorial equipment and consumables
- Ensure your team are always wearing the appropriate PPE for the tasks they are undertaking
- Report any issues or defects with equipment to the Hygiene Manager
- Logging maintenance requests on a recording system
- Some flexibility may be necessary around working hours, however disruption will be kept to a minimum wherever possible
To be considered for this role you must have:-
- Ability to work alone under own initiative
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- An eye for detail
- Able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills, and good level of verbal and written English
- Previous experience supervising / leading a team
- You may from time to time be asked to cover some or, all of the duties of the Deep Clean Supervisor
In return, we can offer you a competitive online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme, free on shift refreshments and access to Wi-Fi, as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years service.