Technical Services Technologist
- 40 hours per week
- Monday – Friday 9.00 – 5.30pm
The recipe for success at Higgidy starts with picking the right ingredients: -
- 1 teaspoon of braveness
- ½ cup of smartness
- 1 pinch of kindness
- A bag of enthusiasm
If you think you measure up, then read on…
Higgidy is a fast-growing brand name, from a kitchen start up to a multimillion turnover food manufacturer and one of the fastest growing food brands in the UK. Based in Shoreham by Sea, we now employ circa 300 employees but we still have ambitious growth plans for the future. To support this continued growth, we are looking for a Technical Services Technologist to join our bustling Technical team. This is a crucial role for our business in ensuring all customer technical information requirements are met.
This key role will include:
- Supporting the Technical Services Manager to ensure all customer technical information requirements are met.
- Maintaining and improving our BRC information systems such that we have a high level of accreditation.
- Taking the lead on raw material control, new and existing specifications for both raw materials (including packaging) and finished goods.
As well as this, your other key responsibilities will include:-
- Liaising with suppliers and customers regarding finished product and raw materials specifications.
- Communicating with retailers legal teams to ensure artwork and packaging information relating to ingredients conform to stringent industry guidelines within specified timescales
- Writing specifications for the major retailers.
- Using retailer online food specification systems.
- Responding to technical queries
- Working closely with other onsite departments including Purchasing and NPD
To be considered for this role you must have:-
- Work experience ideally from a food production background – ideally multi-component foods
- Previous knowledge of writing product specifications from within a food manufacturing business.
- Analytical and have an excellent eye for details
- High level of computer literacy, especially MS Excel
- Focussed, with excellent time management
- Strong communicator
In return, we can offer you a competitive benefits programme, generous annual leave allowance and an opportunity to grow and develop within one of Britain’s fastest growing food brands.