Deep Clean Hygiene Operative; Mon – Fri 11.00-19:30
Higgidy are purveyors of some of the finest pies, quiches and sausage rolls around (even if we do say so ourselves!). From our humble roots as a small family business founded by husband, wife and their best friend (who are all still in the business today) we’ve grown steadily over the last twelve years and now boast a team of 300 permanent staff.
We are now looking for someone to join our busy Technical team here at Higgidy as Hygiene Deep Clean Operative.
This role sits within our Technical team, in a factory and office environment. You will be making sure that our facilities and office areas are cleaned to the highest standard.
The Deep Clean Hygiene Operative maintain hygiene standards around the factory, by;
- Frequent handling of cleaning chemicals, following COSHH training given, whilst wearing appropriate company issue PPE
- Cleaning of Food Manufacturing equipment, by dismantling the equipment to get access to all parts & reassembling correctly at the end of the clean in a timely fashion following training given.
- Cleaning of factory fabrications, such as walls, floors, drains etc. following a predetermined schedule
- Ensuring ready-to-use chemical stock within the factory is always topped up
- Ensuring chemical dosing stations are fully functional and reporting any defects to your manager. Replenishing chemical kegs as required.
- Refilling factory dispensers with blue roll, soap, sanitiser and barrier cream as required
- Emptying factory waste bins and promoting good recycling practices
- Reporting all ‘near misses’
Occasional additional duties, as required, including:
- Cleaning the roof spaces, and removing any rubbish
- Logging maintenance requests on WAM system
- Contribute to the production of hygiene SOPs / CIC’s
- Training of agency and new staff members
- Reporting any damaged or defective equipment / cleaning tools to your supervisor
- Other duties as required by management
In return, we can offer you a competitive online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme, free on shift refreshments and access to Wi-Fi, as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years service.