Section Managers - Nights (Food Production, FMCG)
Higgidy are purveyors of some of the finest pies, quiches and sausage rolls around (even if we do say so ourselves!). From our humble roots as a small family business founded by husband, wife and their best friend (who are all still in the business today) we’ve grown steadily over the last twelve years and now boast a team of 300 permanent staff.
We are now looking for someone to join our busy Production team here at Higgidy as Section Manager. We have a vacancy in our night team, working 19.00 – 07.00. You will be working a “4 on, 4 off” pattern, so you will work for four consecutive days and then get four days off in a row!
This role sits within our Production team, in a factory environment, and will ensure production targets are met to the required quality standards whilst delivering in the key performance areas of H&S, GMP, cost, material usage, productivity, efficiency and waste levels.
The Section Managers will:
- Actively Manage and drive H&S performance within section, ensure your team members are trained and compliant to company health and safety procedures. Identify risks and opportunities for improving safety in Production through prompt and comprehensive accident and near-misses reports to the Shift & HS&E Manager.
- Manage Hygiene and CAYG standards within the operation, ensure team members are adequately trained and compliant to the relevant level and GMP targets met. To be visit & audit ready within 20 minutes notice
- Manage quality standards in section, liaising with technical department over quality issues. Escalate effectively through your line Manager commercially sensitive issues.
- Create culture of compliance to policies and processes within your team. Resolve non-conformances immediately and address serious and ongoing issues to maintain standards.
- Manage, plan and utilise resource levels with SM within set budgets to deliver schedules. Succession plan resources longer term to manage skills, staff turnover, seasonal and promotional peaks in demand. Identify opportunities to reduce labour spend where possible without compromising schedule adherence, quality, safety or waste. Liaise with Shift Manager over shift labour budgets.
- When required be able to reallocate resource to meet scheduled plans and liaise with planning when applicable. Communicate effectivity with your colleagues to ensure smooth and efficient production flow, minimising bottlenecks and down time.
- Monitor and control wastage in line with target levels, ensuring all waste is accounted for. Identify opportunities to reduce waste and feed these back to your SM and or the Projects and Improvements lead.
- Build a motivated, engaged and supportive ethos of responsibility within the entire team. Drive the Team to success by understanding and delivering KPI targets. Using current and future systems be able to measure and monitor team performance, taking timely action to rectify under-performance.
- Ensure all training (including refresher), relevant paperwork and matrices are accurately up to date. Develop and implement short to medium term training plans with line manager, liaise with planning to ensure time and resource is made available. Manage refresher training process. Ensure new and inexperienced member of the team are appropriately supervised.
- Encourage innovation, potential cost saving and continuous improvement through a positive change culture. Support & help your team to accept change, ensuring thorough communication and follow up post implementation to ensure change sticks.
- Deliver daily briefs to reflect SHQQC to your section, ensuring all members understand targets, issues and the impact of their role. Listen to ideas and issues raised by team, dealing with or escalating issues as appropriate
To be considered for this role you must have:-
- Experience of team management
- Experience of working in a factory environment
It would be great if you also had the following – but it isn’t a deal breaker!
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene
In return, we can offer you a competitive online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme, free on shift refreshments and access to Wi-Fi, as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years service.