Quality Auditors – Night Shift (Food Production)
We are looking for someone to join the team in our busy kitchen, working as part of our friendly Quality team to oversee the safe production of our delicious products, including pies, quiches and sausage rolls!
Our hours are 18.00 - 06.00 for our Night teams. You will be working a “4 on, 4 off” pattern, so you will work for four consecutive Nights and then get four Nights off in a row!
As a Quality Auditor you will play a key role in our busy kitchens, supporting the team to ensure all technical requirements are met and maintained within the factory and other supporting departments, and improve the high level of BRC accreditation and technical excellence. You will do this by:
- Feeding back any quality related issues to the production management team to ensure any problems are resolved promptly
- Responsible for site internal audits as required, including GMP auditing, glass and hard plastic audit, equipment audits, paperwork and traceability audits, mass balance reports
- Maintenance of the quarantine spreadsheet, releasing, rejecting products and communicating to the wider business
- To be responsible for the quality of all product and to highlight any QA concerns to either their line manager or the QA Department
You will have:-
- Experience with using Microsoft office packages
- A good standard of both verbal and written English
- Ability to communicate with members of the Higgidy team at various levels
- Experience in training other staff members, and explaining tasks and reasons behind rules and procedures clearly
- Able to concentrate on tasks, and notice inaccuracies or unlikely anomalies in factory paperwork and in technical data
- Able to be active and on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to prioritise workload, and excellent organisational skills
- A perceptive and meticulous nature
- A good eye for quality in product, from the raw material through to the finished product
- Experience of working within a FMCG environment would be desirable
- Level 3 food safety and HACCP qualification is desirable, however training can be provided
- Knowledge and experience of working with equipment, and proof of COSHH training
- Quality or technical experience within a manufacturing environment
In return, we can offer you a competitive online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme, free on shift refreshments and access to Wi-Fi, as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years service.