We are looking for staff to join our day and night team in our busy factory, working as part of our Production team to help produce a range of delicious products, including pies, quiches and sausage rolls!
Our hours are 19.00 - 07.00 for night workers and 07.00 - 19.00 for day workers, and you will be working a “4 on, 4 off” pattern, so you will work for four consecutive nights and then get four days off in a row!
Our guaranteed starting rate is £9.02 for night staff and £7.90 per hour for day staff – however depending on your skills and experience you may be employed on a higher grade, particularly if you have a strong food background or factory experience – this will be discussed at the interview stage.
Working in a busy factory environment, the role of our Production team is to
- Help to make and pack our products, which could include:
- Preparing and cooking our products
- Using cutting and mixing equipment
- Packing products into boxes
- Adding toppings to our products by hand
- Use of ovens
- Use of moving equipment such as trolleys
- Fetching raw materials for production, ensuring compliance to stock rotation
However, no matter what task you are doing, there is always a focus on safety, quality and hygiene to ensure our customers receive the best possible products.
This role will involve standing for long periods and working in warm and cool temperatures. It will also involve repeated lifting and carrying ingredients and products.
We will provide you with full on the job training when you join us, however we do ask that you have the following skills or experience:
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing to a good standard
- Numerate and literate Higgidy is committed to a clear progression path, which will see you gain more responsibility as you knowledge and skills grow, and in return we will review your salary regularly.
In return, we can offer you a competitive online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme, free on shift refreshments and access to Wi-Fi, as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years service.