In just 12 years the Higgidy brand has grown from a kitchen start-up to a c£35M RSV and is now the largest premium and the second biggest overall savoury pastry brand. However – we feel we have still only scratched the surface of what we think we can achieve, and we have a plan to deliver double digit growth over the next few years by both driving distribution of our core ranges as well as extending the brand platform into compelling new propositions. We have an exciting opportunity to add a strategic and resourceful FMCG marketeer reporting into the CEO & leading the Marketing Team to help guide the next phase of business development.
- Consumer Insight – Ensuring the Higgidy Product and Commercial strategies are driven by a clear and refined consumer strategy. This includes inputting and advising the new product development team
- Brand Strategy – Driving the development of the Higgidy brand values and messaging priorities to ensure a clear and consistent ‘look and feel’ across all higgidy communications
- Consumer Engagement – Ensuring Higgidy effectively use any touch points with the consumer (including digital & social media) to inspire brand-love & energise brand-advocacy.
- Retailer Activation & Trade Marketing – Beginning to develop a trade marketing strategy and function within the higgidy business that motivates our key retailers in order to drive Higgidy distribution & brand presence.
- Packaging – Leading the execution of Higgidy packaging development to deliver distinctively different ranges and products targeted at different purchase/consumption occasions.
- Internal and External Brand Assets – Be the ‘on brand’ guardian of internal and external marketing and communication devices
- Events & Sampling – Devising targeted, scalable, cost-effective strategies for events, sampling and couponing to enlist new consumers in the brand.
- Budgeting - Creation and delivery of the annual plan / budget, including management of all financial resource within the commercial function.
- Above the Line – As and when it is the right time to deliver an ATL supported campaign, to devise an appropriate, strategic & cost-effective ATL strategy.
The right person will have:
- Experience of designing and influencing a brand strategy at a senior level
- Experience of working with and leveraging category data
- Experience of working with the major retailers (ie preparing and presenting insightful presentations to deliver on a brand strategy)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong relationship building/ social skills
The right person will be:
- a passionate, proactive, communicator who can engage a wide audience with a vision
- smart, with strong analytical skills and the capability to present recommendations concisely
- passionate about working in a small, fast growth business environment
- friendly, personable and with a flair for both internal and external communication
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and bonus package, an online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme, free on shift refreshments and access to Wi-Fi, as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years service. Part time considered.