A garlicky vinaigrette can pack a real punch. Tossed over crunchy salad leaves such as cos or little gem this is the perfect picnic partner for our Bacon and Cheddar Quiche.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Place the salt and garlic cloves in a pestle and mortar and crush it against the side of the bowl. Quite quickly it will become a paste. Add the sugar, mustard and vinegar and after about 30 seconds of circular movements the ingredients should all be evenly combined.
- With a small whisk add the oil.
- Toss over the prepared salad leaves.