Spinach, Feta & Toasted Pine Nut Pie
Seeded shortcrust pastry filled with creamy béchamel, leaf spinach, mature cheddar and crumbled feta cheese, topped with roasted red peppers and toasted pine nuts.
What we suggest...
To complete this meal in a really colourful and fun way its great to cook up some oven roasted vine tomatoes and pop them next to our Spinach and Feta pie.
Oven Roasted Vine Tomatoes
- 600g cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- tbsps olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6, 400°F, 200°C.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes in the olive oil.
- Season with sea salt and freshly milled black pepper.
- Place on a roasting tin and roast for 15-20mins or until the skins are turning gliden and wrinkly.
- Serve with torn fresh basil leaves and a splash of balsamic vinegar and a warm Higgidy pie.
|Per 100g||Per 280g Pie|
|(of which sugars)||3.2g||8.6g|
|(of which saturates)||8.7g||23.5g|
Spinach, Feta & Béchamel Filling [64%], Seeded Shortcrust Pastry [24%], Roasted Red Peppers [7%], Feta [2%], Pine Nuts [1.3%]
Spinach, Feta & Béchamel Filling contains: Béchamel Sauce [28%](Water, Skimmed Milk Powder, Butter, Wheat Flour, Cream, Mustard Powder, Cornflour), Mature Cheddar Cheese [11%], Spinach [11%], Onion [8%], Feta [7%], Free Range Whole Egg, Cornflour, Water, Rapeseed Oil, Butter, Salt, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Stabiliser: Pectin
Seeded Shortcrust Pastry contains: Wheat Flour, Water, Butter, Non-hydrogentated Vegetable Shortening, Medium Fat Hard Cheese, Poppy Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Cayenne Pepper
All ingredients are suitable for vegetarians. However, this pie is made in a kitchen where we also make non-vegetarian pies and quiches.Allergens:
Wheat, Gluten, Milk, Mustard, Egg, Sesame.
This product may contain traces of nuts.