Chicken Pot Pie with Ham & Leek
Hand folded puff pastry filled with British chicken, baked ham, leeks in a creamy sauce spiked with wholegrain mustard and topped with a puff pastry hat.
What we suggest...
Cabbage has long been the victim of bad press, often dismissed as soggy and bland. But this recipe bucks the trend. It's fresh and crisp, with a tart, creamy dressing.
Crunchy Creamy Coleslaw
For the dressing:
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 1 ½ tbps lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Half a white cabbage finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 8 spring onions
- 1 small bunch of chives
- 1 granny smith, grated (this is entirely optional)
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Set aside. Combine the cabbage and carrots. Finely chop the spring onions and chives and add to the chopped vegetables.
- Pour over the dressing and mix well. YOU MUST TASTE IT at this stage as it may well need a little more seasoning or some more lemon juice.
- Toss before serving.
|Per 100g||Per 280g Pie|
|(of which sugars)||1.3.g||3.2g|
|(of which saturates)||7.2g||18.0g|
Chicken & Ham Filling [61%], All Butter Puff Pastry [37%], Free Range Egg Yolk Glaze.
Chicken and Ham Filling contains: RSPCA Freedom Foods Chicken Breast [34%], Leeks [18%], Ham [17%] (Pork, Salt, Brown Sugar, Stabiliser: Sodium Triphosphate, Antioxidant: Sodium Ascorbate, Preservative: Sodium Nitrite), Onion, Water, Single Cream [11%], Cheddar Cheese, Wheat Flour, Wholegrain Mustard [2%] (Water, White Wine Vinegar, Brown Mustard Seeds, Salt, Cinnamon, Pimento), Salted Butter, Rapeseed Oil, Chicken Stock (Water, Chicken Extract, Flavouring, Glucose Syrup, Salt, Yeast Extract, Vegetable Oil), Rosemary, Thyme.
All Butter Puff Pastry contains: Wheat Flour, Butter [23%], Water, Salt
The chicken and ham in this pie have been produced from animals reared on farms approved by the RSPCA Freedom Food scheme
Egg, Milk, Mustard, Gluten, Wheat. This product may contain traces of nuts or sesame seed.