Jobs at Higgidy
Would you like to come and join the team at Higgidy? We need all kinds of people from washer uppers to food technologists to event organisers. We make all our pies on site so there's always lots to do, and we're one of the fastest growing companies in England so it's an exciting place to work.
We currently employ over 150 people in our kitchen in Shoreham-by-Sea. Making a proper pie is a skilled job so we rarely use temporary staff. If you come and work at Higgidy we'll try to take really good care of you.
Last year we put over 50 people through NVQs in food manufacturing, team leadership and business management. We've also run ESOL courses and various other things.
How to apply for a job at Higgidy
Higgidy are expanding! We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Higgidy Engineering function; to develop and implement maintenance strategy, inventory management, and to develop people, systems and metrics within the engineering function to support Higgidy’ s continued growth.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Electrical and Mechanical Skills
- Leadership and Management skills
- Good foundation in Health and Safety (NEBOSH or similar qualification desirable)
Management of Team
- Work with the Operations team to develop schedules for planned works
- Liaise and organise third party contractors to complete works with minimal disruption to operations teams
Development of Team
- Identify and develop key skills required to improve the engineering function.
- Work with the training manager to set up appropriate training to improve the skills within the engineering function.
Development of Systems
- Inventory Management
- Planned Maintenance
- Machine Performance
- Engineer Performance
- Budget Adherence
- Spend Authorisation
Development of Process
- Work with Operations team to research new equipment
- Work with Operations team to identify opportunities to develop current machinery to make it function more effectively
If you think you have the skills to join our team please send us your cv and a covering letter.